Flex Football Details
UpdatedMonday May 11, 2020 byJoseph Montiverdi.
In an effort to ensure ensure your entry into the WYFC family is a smooth one we have listed some important details about the Flex program.
Each year we strive to have a K/1 and 2/3 Grade team of at least 12 kids. If one of the age groups has registrations above 26 athelete we will divide the team in two (pending volunteer coach availability).
Our season generally begins the first week in August. Flex teams normally have two practices per week and one game per week (Sundays). Games normally start Labor Day weekend (Jamboree) with the season ending at the end of October (Mighty Might Bowl).
Registration Fee: The registration cost for the Flex program is $150. Players that register during the early registration period is from Mid March through May 1st will recieve a 10% discount on thier registration. This includes loaner Flex Football pads and helmet.
Tentative 2020 Dates:
- Paperwork Hand In: At first weeks practice.
- First Practice: First week of August
- Last day to submit paperwork: Prior to Labor Day weekend.
- Jamboree - Labor Day Weekend
- First Regular Season Game: First weekend of September
- End of Season: Generally the last week of October.
Flex Players are issued the following:
- Flex Padding (soft shell shoulder pads and cap)
Required Equipment (Parent Purchase)
Highly Recommended Equipment (Parent Purchase)
- Cleats or sneakers
- Protective Cup and Athletic Supporter
Our league is part of the Central Mass Youth Football and Cheer Conference (CMYFCC) which is affiliated with American Youth Football (AYF) League. AYF is the world's largest youth football and cheer league. Being part of this conference/league requires us to follow certain policies and procedures for insurance purposes. The following paperwork will need to be submitted to play:
- Birth Certificates: 1st time participants are required to submit a Birth Certificate with a raised seal to show proof of age.
- Player Packet: AYF forms that are needed to play
- Physical/Medical: All participants should be medically cleared by a doctor to play any sport.
- Report Card: Academics should be the # 1 priority to our players. Students that are not meeting academic benchmarks cannot participate in our program.
All Flex families are asked to sell participate in our calendar fundraiser.